Hello lovely nail geeks! I am so very honored to be a part of the blogger team for the Road to Polish Con! This will be a two part series as there are two groups of makers that will release at separate times. The first wave will be all of the polishes in this post, and they will be up for preorder- after the preorder ends part 2 will be posted and released at a separate date. This is a wonderful series leading up to Polish Con! This spring it will be held in New Orleans!! I may or may not be able to go, so if I end up making it there be sure to say hi!
Alter Ego Fais Do-Do
- Official description: a sparkly pink shimmer with bronze lean
- Inspiration: The name means a party/social gathering. Cynthia found a nightclub named Fais Do-Do in Cali and the polish is inspired by the color of the set: curtains and signage.
- Price: $9.50
Swatches show two coats with topcoat. This has a medium feel and applied very opaque and smooth. It is mostly a brick red, and easily shows a pink glow with a strong copper shift. I recommend a glossy topcoat to really make the shift pop.
Crystal Knockout Fifolet of the Bayou
- Official description: A super shifty bluish-green to violet with red/gold aurora and purple-red-orange UCC flakies.
- Inspiration: the legendary glowing orbs said to inhabit the bayous and swamps of New Orleans
- Price: $13
Swatches show three coats with topcoat. Formula has a jelly feel and built up to full opacity for me at three coats. The base is a dusky teal in my opinion and the aurora shimmers are very strong giving a pink glow overall with an easy shift to golds and greens on tilt. The flakes picked up easily and after topcoating my nails were smooth to the touch.
Ever After Will Flash My Mani For Beads
- Official description: an antique silver holo loaded with the colors of Mardi Gras and purple green and gold UCC flakes
- Inspiration: Mardi Gras partying!
- Price: $11
Swatches show three coats with topcoat. I can see this one being opaque for some at two coats, depending on application and nail length. The base has a lovely silvery color with a touch of a golden undertone. This sparkles like crazy in the sun and the flakes behaved easily for me. After topcoat, no texture.
Fair Maiden French Quarter Phantom
- Official description: a taupey lavender linear holo is finished with iridescent green flake and purple UCC flake
- Inspiration: inspired by the haunted stories buried in the rich history of the French Quarter.
- Price: $11
Swatches show three light coats with topcoat. Formula has a mid/light feel to it and built easily. This is another that I could see some being able to reach full opacity at two coats. The base is a neutral taupe with lavender undertones. The flakes laid down flat for me and after topcoat I had no texture. This also sparkles like crazy in the sun.
Great Lakes Lacquer Bayou Princess
- Official description: A soft sea green multichrome holographic with shifts to watery blue, periwinkle and orchid.
- Inspiration: Princess Tiana
- Price: $13
Swatches show two coats with topcoat. Formula is on the medium side and applied very opaque. The base is a sea green with a ton of shifty multichrome pigment that goes from golds, to limes to purples and a soft periwinkle on extreme angles. The holo is linear and takes a backseat to all that multichrome pigment. It does dry down a touch on the satin side, so I’d recommend a glossy topcoat to really make it pop.
Illyrian Rising Sun Blues
- Official description: A deep navy blue base with a blue/red multichrome shift and iridescent flakes in red/copper/green – blue/violet – green/purple & green/gold
- Inspiration: New Orleans
- Price: $13
Swatches show three coats with topcoat. Formula felt like a medium jelly and built up easily. The base will mostly appear in a rich navy blue, with a strong copper shift on extreme angles. The flakes picked up easily for me and give a densely scattered rainbow splash of color across the nail. No texture after topcoat.
Kathleen & Co Light My Flambeaux
- Official description: a right red base with orange/red magnetic pigment
- Inspiration: the torches carried during some of the parades at night
- Price: $12
Swatches show two coats magnetized with topcoat. Formula has a super smooth feel during application. The base is a warmed bright red and the magnetic pigments appear orangey red to me. There’s a lot of movement to the pigment, though if you wanted to wear it without using a magnet it’ll be a super glowey red. There is a bit of a very dense holo in the background as well.
KBShimmer Beignet Done That
- Official description: A green to purple multichrome with gold flakes and micro holo flakes.
- Inspiration: Inspired by the classic green, purple and gold colors of Mardi Gras.
- Price: $10
Swatches show two coats with topcoat. Formula has a medium/heavy feel and applies super smooth and opaque. This one was crazy shifty for me and easily shifts between purple and green. The flakes picked up easily for me and after topcoating a touch more than normal my nails were smooth to the touch.
Native War Paints The Brat Prince
- Official description: Pale violet with turquoise shimmer, purple to aqua aurora pigment and tons of holo
- Inspiration: Lestat de Lioncourt
- Price: $12.50
Swatches show three coats with topcoat. Formula feels on the light/medium side and built up easily for me. The base is a very pale lavender to me and the shimmer is a strong turquoise. On extreme angles you’ll see it shift to a vibrant purple. The holo isn’t quit linear, but very dense overall.
Rogue Lacquer Spirits, Magic and Mystery
- Official description: a green-gray creamy scattered holo with green to magenta color shifting flakes and red to green color shifting shimmer
- Inspiration: Voodoo
- Price: $12
Swatches show three coats with topcoat. Formula feels almost jelly like and built up easily for me at three coats. The base is a cool toned grey, and the shimmer in here is crazy strong appearing as a coppery red with an easy shift to green on tilt. The flakes picked up easily for me and apply in varying sizes. After topcoating a touch more than normal, no texture.
Sassy Sauce- Lucky Papa Legba
- Official description: a brown jelly base with holo, duo chrome shifting flakies and a golden copper shimmer.
- Inspiration: Papa Legba is a loa in Haitian/ New Orleans voodoo who serves as the intermediary between loa and humanity. He facilitates communication, speech and understanding. Some popular offerings for him are coffee, rum, coconut, cigars, pipe tobacco, peanuts and pennies
- Price: $12
Swatches show three coats with topcoat. Formula has a medium/light feel during application that builds quickly. I can see some being able to get away with two coats. The base is a warmed brown and has a strong copper glow. The flakes give a scattered rainbow all over and laid down flat. This is also crazy holo in sunlight. After topcoat my nails were smooth to the touch.
Tonic Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
- Official description: A bright glowing purple linear holographic polish with tiny holo micro glitter sparkles
- Inspiration: After the popular New Orleans phrase (let the good times roll!)
- Price: $13
Swatches show two coats with topcoat. Formula has a heavy feel that applied very smooth and opaque during application. This is almost a one coater if you go in with a heavy hand. The base is a purpley-magenta (to me) with a reddish glow overall and a linear holo effect with scattered sparkes all over. No texture after topcoat.
Turtle Tootsie- Crazy Crawfish
- Official description: A red orange holo with gold shimmer and flakies
- Inspiration: Delicious crawfish!
- Price: $11
Swatches show two coats with topcoat. Formula has a rich buttery feel during application. There’s loads of gold shimmer and gold flakies that warm up the base color and shimmer all over. The base color is what I would consider a happy marriage between red and orange. After topcoat, my nails were smooth to the touch.
All of these will be available on Polish Con’s website. Group A polishes will be available Jan 18 – February 3 and shipped on February 15th. If makers have any overpour, they’ll bring them to the con. Be sure to check out my massive swatch video on these as well, I think it’s the biggest beast I’ve tackled so far! Be sure to grab your tickets as well, since they’re live!
- Road to Polish Con shop (please note this will not be updated until the release date)
- Get your Polish Con NOLA tickets here
- Swatch Video
Thanks so much for reading! ❤